domingo, 23 de enero de 2011

Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou

"I'm a woman
Phenomenally."
Wow. This poem is just so beautiful. Wow. It deserves to be read to every woman in the world. All the woman that are feeling down and sad, all the woman that feel like they are not special, it would help them get up on their feet. I love the way Maya Angelou feels about herself. I love the way she was not scared of writing the poem down. I love the way she feels proud of herself, the way she puts it into words. This is the way we should all feel about ourselves. Man and woman, boy and girl, we should love ourselves without excuse. I think the part i love the most of the poem deserves to be posted on my blog, so here it is: 
"Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me."

That is me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario