viernes, 26 de noviembre de 2010

Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I honestly did not like a lot the story. I read it while I was in the school trip in the middle of the ocean, and I guess I had a lot of time to think about it, but still I did not liked it. Might be because it was too fictional for me, I mean, there is not a slightly chance of the story becoming true. First of all because there will never be a point in the human history where we would be the same, and second of all, I thought of the point of wanting to have everyone limited from thinking and being different, what would be the point of making us the same? In the story everything is fine, everybody is fine and nothing different happens, people are used to "equality"and to being punished of thinking different or for trying something new, people are "made" in a low level, since, as the story says, they can not be in a higher level, they all become handicapped from their habilities and, they are fine with it, it was very frustrating reading it. I liked when Harrison appears on TV, he has removed stuff from him that made him the same as the others, but ironically, the story ends with him getting killed. Might be this is what happens in real life, might be we are not the same. but still, if we are different, we are not accepted. We are different for a reason, and that is the way it should be.  

1 comentario: